Ever heard of Seychelles (1)!!?

Thats where the honeymoon took place. Its a wonderful Island in the Indian Ocean, they say its in Africa but honestly, its just in the middle of the Ocean.

On arrival at the Airport, my husband and I were the only blacks there and we were singled out for due inspection of our passports, Monies and Accommodation arangements. On asking if we were singled out because we are black, we were promptly answered in the affirmative and to compound issues was the fact that we are "Nigerians". Nigerians are perceived as fraudulent people who seek to con anybody they come across/ who come across them. (I am glad to inform you that this is the era of a new Nigeria - I strongly beleive in a new Nigeria, A Nigeria where corruption is a thing of the past to be punished and looked down on, a Nigeria where all the ammenities work, a Nigeria where doing the right thing is not only in fashion/ vogue but where it has come to stay - More to come on the New Nigeria in my subsequent posts - "A digression")

On confirming that our papers and monies were real, we were allowed to book some cruises and plan things to do and places to go. We got onto the Island.
From the next day, we started looking round the Island and found out it was such a lovely place. The waters are blue, the skies are blue, some of the scenes were like things I could only have seen in a picture. I appreciated nature and the work of God's hands - A picture is attached

I saw an Octopus on one of the days we went to the beach :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog