Police is your Friend

As a firm believer in the "new Naija" (new Nigeria), I went to the lauching of the "new Naija" club that took place on the 1st January at the Balmora hall in Oregun, Lagos State, Nigeria - what a way to usher in the year. The interesting thing was that the PRO of the Lagos Nigeria Police force was one of the speakers of the day along with notable icons - Pat Utomi, Deolu Akinyemi, Fela Durotoye, Gbenga Sesan, Niyi Adesanya etc.

The speakers said a lot of notable things but since I had previously written some things on the Nigeria Police, the PRO of Police who spoke on the topic "Police is your friend" caught my attention. I eagerly awaited what he was going to say.

He started by acknowledging that the topic is a difficult one since a lot of people - (yours truly inclusive) are biased.

Amongst other things, He said that sometimes, the members of the public give the Police wrong information which sometimes leads to ambush and sometimes death of members of the Police force. He implored us to please cooperate with the POlice so that they can do their work well ..................

Anyway, the only thing he said that caught my attention and I chose to hold onto/ pick was that just as there are some young people who believe and are committed to working towards the new Nigeria, there are also some Police Officers who are committed to working towards a better Police force. I CHOSE to believe him. I therefore look forward to a better Nigeria Police force where the Police is really my friend.

Comments

busayoAKANRO said…
Busayo says

the title of the post sounds like what people will say in the New Nigeria about the police.

The police seem to be the only ones saying that about themselves now.

Popular posts from this blog