Get Up And Go

It is often easier to continue along a particular path than to change, Maintaining the satus quo. Inertia does not necessarily mean inactivity or being without motion.. It could be an unwillingness to stop.

Inertia is derived from the Latin word, "iners", meaning idle, or lazy. It is the resistance of a body to a change in its current state. The great Isaac Newton defined it as the power of resisting, by which every body, as much as in it lies, endeavors to preserve in its present state, whether it be of rest, or of moving uniformly forward in a straight line.

I like to think of myself as someone who does things once her mind is made up. I however recently noticed some measure of inertia regarding a particular thing I was supposed to do. I realised I had been giving some excuses somewhere at the back of my mind as the reason for it. Then, it hit me like a flash that I was just comfortable not doing anything, I was comfortable about that particular thing. Then, I decided to apply an opposite force to counter the initial resistance. I also decided to post this as a reminder to myself to get up and do what needs to be done and to encourage someone out there to do the same... Excuses are just what they are - Excuses.... Get up and go or in some other people's cases "Be still"

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am encouraged!
olaTUNDE
Anonymous said…
Life, Salvation, Mobility, 5 Senses, Joy, Grace, Favour, Mercy, Love, Family, You and the common sense to know that the list is inexhaustible.

olaTUNDE

Popular posts from this blog